Thursday, November 11, 2010

Had to Post This

I am thinking about taking a bit of a break from writing for a little bit. I think I will post short takes and links, and the Friday Night fun is always a nice time for me at least. Again, I am sorry but you have to do what you have to do.

Had to Post This
Saw something today that made me feel that I do know what the f%ck I am talking about! From Mish:
“We do also need creditors to be involved in the costs of restructuring,” Merkel said today in Seoul, where she’s attending a summit of the Group of 20 leaders. “There may be a conflict here between the interests of the financial world and the interests of politicians. We can’t constantly explain to our voters that taxpayers have to be on the hook for certain risks, rather than those who make a lot of money taking those risks. I ask the markets sometimes to bear politicians in mind, too.”

Trichet’s Stance
Trichet says such talk risks exacerbating the situation for indebted nations as they struggle to cut their budget deficits.

“The more you talk about restructuring debt, the harder it is to obtain debt,” Irish Finance Minister Brian Lenihan said Nov. 2. “That is the reality.”

Thank you! Thank you!

If there was ever a more clear picture of the reality we are now in please show me. As long as debt can be rolled and everyone pretends it's all good then no problems! Like I have written, if anything happens that demands real money in today's system it's all gone in about 10 minutes.

Have a good night.

9 comments:

watchtower said...

Nothing wrong with taking a break.

Just in case Friday Night Entertainment is still a go, how about Journey's 'The Party's Over'(aka Hopelessly in Love)?

http://tinyurl.com/29g5s89

EconomicDisconnect said...

Hey man!
Yeah, sometimes everyone has a rough time. I am looking forward to a Friday post. Thanks so much for stopping by, means a lot.

Jake said...

"I am thinking about taking a bit of a break from writing for a little bit."

Hear you my man... been feeling burnt out myself (taking a multi-week breather myself in ~week or so). Get your energy back, post less if needed, but definitely post when you can for all our sakes.

CT-Hilltopper said...

You're right, hun.

Sometimes you just have to step away. I've stepped away for quite a while. I don't know when I'm going to post again, to be honest.

I don't know how people like Karl D, and Jeff do it, being able to write about this day after day after day, and not seem to be effected by it.

It's to the point now where I would just like to quit my job and stand in front of the white house with a protest sign day after day after day until they just get sick of me and have me arrested.

I wonder if after a while anyone would stand with me, or if people would just drive by and laugh?

Now you know why I had to step away from this shit for a while.

scharfy said...

GYSC,

I think everyone's a little burnt these days. Get your mind right - I give you readers "permission" :)

Don't know if you've seen it, but the JohnnyCashproject.com is a crowd sourced video tribute to the man in black, made up of fan artwork and is the coolest thing I've seen in a while - that's my request.

(Or lionel richie if the mood suits it.)

Anyways dude - you've had an enlightening impact on me, so I hope you come back and post eventually!

Be well

Stagflationary Mark said...

"Had to Post This"

I've had to take a break from posting in the past as well and if you are like me I'm guessing your title says it all.

For me, when the "need" to post exceeds the "desire" to post then it's break time.

I have no idea how some can post 365 days a year. I certainly don't "need" that!

EconomicDisconnect said...

Thanks Jake! Good luck with your time off, I hope you will still drop music.

Scharfy,
Wow, what a compliment. Thanks so much man really.

Mark,
Maybe it is break time for sure.

There will be a Friday post, cus that is just fun!

Talia said...

"Now you know why I had to step away from this shit for a while."

Thats what TPTB rely on!!!

Every time, when things go ballistic, you have a handful of people pissed off, saying (in sum) IM MAD AS HELL AND IM NOT GONNA TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!

And yet "take it" we do. They wear us down with the monotony of the whole thing. Its exausting to wait day in and day out for a collapse that never comes.

As it is with every other dislocation, its a war of attrition, and they have far far more resources than we do.

They won, we lost. See you all in 2017 when the next dislocation happens, and we again rise up to say IM MAD AS HELL AND IM NOT GONNA TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!

cycle, rinse, repeat...

EconomicDisconnect said...

Talia,
I can underrstand your setiments but I can tell you that nothing having to do with things economic or markets are why I am stepping away for a bit. No one may believe this but I really just don't get that riled up about this except when I am writing a post!